If you'd like to set up a display campaign in Google Ads, you can find the steps below, starting from obtaining your HTML5 ZIP file from Creatopy to uploading it into your Google Ads campaign.
Set up the HTML5 Export
- Once your creative is ready, head over to Download.
- Select Google Ads as your DSP.
- Continue setting up your export as needed.
- Set the Image quality.
- Enable/Disable Save retina ready images.
- Use ClickTag and set a landing page for your creative.
- Once done, click Download.
Upload the ZIP file to Google Ads
While there are many steps in setting up a campaign from scratch in Google Ads, the steps below will mainly focus on uploading the zip file exported from Creatopy into your campaign.
- Go to Create, and click on Campaign.
- Select your campaign objective¹.
- Set your conversion goals (if needed).
- Set your campaign type as Display.
- Add your landing page, set a campaign name, and click Continue.
- Continue by setting up your campaign settings, budget and bidding, and targeting.
- Next, you'll reach the Ads section², where you can upload the html5 ZIP file saved previously from Creatopy.
- Click Change, and select Upload display ads.
- You can drag the ZIP file into Google Ads or click Choose files to upload and select the zip file from your computer.
- Click on View to test if the creative is working correctly.
- Click Next and review the settings of your campaign.
Important: When uploading a display set, Creatopy will export a single zip file with individual zips for each size from your set. Remember to extract the single file first and then upload all the zips for each size found in the Google Ads folder.
Note¹: It's essential to remember that you can't set a display campaign for the following objectives: Product and brand consideration, app promotion, and local store visits and promotions.
Note²: When you reach the Ads section, by default, Google Ads will send you to their Ad creation section where you can set up your design from scratch. All you have to do here is to continue to step 8.