In this article, we will go over the necessary steps to set up an A/B test campaign in Creatopy and how to check its progress. We've listed some requirements and limitations you should be aware of. If you'd like to learn more about A/B testing, please visit this article.
Requirements & Limitations
- When setting up an A/B test campaign, you can select up to 5 creatives.
- The selected creatives used in your A/B test must be the same size.
- Currently, design sets can't be used in your A/B test campaign.
- Once you've finished setting up your A/B test campaign, you have three days to input the ad tags into your chosen DSP.
- The duration of an A/B test campaign will range between 7 to 30 days.
- Deciding on a winning creative requires an 85% probability, after which the test will end, and that creative becomes the winner continuing to be served and running your ads.
Setting up an A/B Test
- Select the creative(s).
- Click on Set up A/B test from the listing above.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on a creative and select Set up A/B test.
- Once you've chosen the creatives, click Continue.
- Give a name to the campaign and set a description (optional).
- Click Finish setup.
Set the Ad Serving settings
- Go to Ad Serving settings.
- Adjust Ad Serving settings as needed, including choosing your DSP.
- Additionally, you can adjust your ClickTag options if needed.
- Copy the ad tag into your DSP of choice¹.
Follow the results
You can access the progress of your A/B testing campaign from the side panel view while the test is ongoing, or you can check it from the project's analytics section.
- Locate and click on the A/B test in the project.
- A side-panel view will open with the Test Results.
- You can filter through the available metrics (Clicks, Impressions, and CTR).
- Open the Project.
- Click on Analytics.
- Click on Add Filter.
- Go to A/B test, and select
- Filter through Clicks, Impressions, and CTR.
You can also check out the video tutorial below on how to set up an A/B test campaign.
Important: We do not collect cookie information from the users targeted by the A/B test.
Remember that while the A/B test itself is free of charge, there will be costs associated with the impressions generated by the creatives used in the A/B test. To learn more about impressions, please visit this article.
Note: To end the A/B test, click the End test button in the side panel. When you end the A/B test, you can either select a winner or none. The creative you choose as a winner will continue to run in your ads, and your other creative(s) won't get served any longer.
Note¹: To set the A/B Test live, copy the creative's ad tag code to your ad platform of choice within three days.