The Ken Burns effect adds an animated transition to a digital image to give the appearance of movement. Many filmmakers add zoom, pan, and fade transitions to static pictures to keep viewers interested.
At Creatopy, we're all about giving you the tools to make your creatives pop, so why not add this effect as well?
Here's how to do it:
- Click on the Image from your design.
- Bring up the Timeline from the bottom right side of the screen.
- From the Layers section, find the Image to which you'd like to have the animation applied.
- Click on the Build-In Animation.
- Select Ken Burns.
- Click Advance Mode to customize the Ease Type, Tween Type, Direction, Alpha, Shadow Color, or Shadow Length.
- Click the Play icon to roll out the animation.
Note¹: The Ken Burns animation can be applied only on stand-alone Image elements, as it is not applicable on images in a Mask or a Shape.
Note²: These animations do not work in AMP due to technical limitations. Please also note that if you download in GIF or MP4 formats, the final weight of the file is significantly impacted by the animation type and the animation duration set on the design.