The Timeline is one of our signature features, and it allows our customers to easily manipulate their animated content in terms of duration, animation type, and layer positioning. Using the Timeline, you can quickly edit your layer's time span, delay, and placement. You can even scrub the Timeline to check specific frames without having to go through the entire duration of your design.
How does the Timeline work?
Here are a few key tips that you should consider before you get started.
1. You can show or hide the Timeline by clicking on its designated action button found in the lower right corner of the Editor or within focus mode in the Generator.
2. The layers can be re-arranged by simply dragging and dropping them in place, one above the other. This means that if you place a background image above a logo or any other layer, they will no longer be visible as they are now situated behind (below) the image. You can also rename the layer, hide or show the element using the "eye" icon next to it, and rename it by clicking the layer's name. Keep in mind that this will also reflect on your downloaded content. Further modifications on the layer can be prevented by locking the layer using the padlock icon.
3. To get a more detailed perspective on your layers' exact motion and timing, you can drag the scrubber across the Timeline to better visualize each frame.
4. You can quickly change the duration of a slide by dragging the time bar on the duration axis.
5. One of the most time-saving features is the fact that you can easily set a build-in and build-out animation by selecting a preset from our list of predefined templates.
6. Middle animations can also be applied in the Timeline for each specific layer to emphasize a button or help objects stand out within your design. For entry/exit animations, the middle bar has presets and an advanced mode that allows you to customize further motion, timing, and settings such as offset or starting points.