A YouTube cover is the first thing viewers see when they come across your channel, and it plays a crucial role in making a great first impression. A good cover can help you stand out from the millions of other platforms' channels and entice viewers to click on your videos and subscribe. In short, a good YouTube cover is essential for building your brand, attracting new viewers, and growing your audience.
Before We Jump In
Creating a YouTube cover requires a resolution of 2560x1440px. Another thing to consider is that YouTube covers are automatically cropped for mobile by their mobile responsive function. To ensure your cover looks great on desktop and mobile, adjust your design, so the main elements fit within a 1546x423px rectangle in the middle. For this reason, we recommend using a size stencil, which we'll use in the scenario described below.
How to Create a YouTube Cover
- Go to New design.
- Select YouTube Channel Banner size.
- Choose to start from:
- Edit your design as needed.
- Once you finish editing, go to Brand Kit.
- Upload the size stencil.
- Move the stencil layer to the back.
- Select the stencil layer and navigate to the Style section, and click Adjust, next to Filters.
- Increase the Brightness to 100, and Contrast to -100.
- Make necessary adjustments as needed.
- Once done, Export using one of the static image file formats available.