The Beta version of the Ad Studio is currently available to a limited number of users for testing purposes. Our aim is to enhance the experience for all users before the official launch.
This article will show you the available download file formats and how to download your creative(s) from Ad Studio.
How to Download your Creative(s)
- Head over to the top right corner and click on the Download icon.
- Select the format of your export; depending on your chosen format, you can set up additional settings related to your selected format.
- JPG. Set the image quality, scale, and slide you want to download.
- PNG. Pick the scale and which slide you want to download.
- WEBP. Determine the image quality and save retina-ready images.
- HTML. Select the Ad Network, image quality, save retina-ready images, ClickTag, or fallback image.
- AMP. Determine the image quality and save retina-ready images.
- MP4. Standard format for videos, suited for streaming on the internet¹'².
- Static. A static image with a single slide³ will download.
- Animated. Set the quality, high or optimized⁴.
- PDF. Choose between Print or Standard and which slide to download.
- Once you've finished setting up your format, click Download.
Name your Download Files
You can use tags for your download files to help you stay organized by clicking the Name your download files icon on the top right corner of the download card above the PNG file format.
Types of Tags
- Set name.
- Design type (short).
- Design type.
- Date (mmddyy).
- Date (ddmmyy).
Additionally, you can opt in or out to limit your display ads file names. Some display ad networks have a requirement to restrict file names to 50 characters to ensure compatibility, organization, and system performance.
Export specific sizes
If you're working with a set, you can select which sizes you want to export from it: all or specific sizes by clicking on the Export specific sizes icon located on the top right corner of the download card above the PNG file format.
Note¹: If the MP4 download takes too long and you don't want to wait, you can click Send me the link on the download dialogue box, which will send you a link to your email with the export.
Note²: When downloading as MP4, the length of the video is capped at 180 seconds. You can bypass this limitation if the creative is exported as HTML5.
Note³: If your design has multiple slides, the first slide will download as you cannot choose which slide to download.
Note⁴: The optimized version of an animated GIF is compatible with Google Ads and is limited to 5 fps.